Nutrition Therapy is an essential component of comprehensive care for children and adults with developmental disabilities and special health care needs.
The medical nutrition therapy includes:
- Provision of adequate, individualized, and health-promoting nutrition
- Provision of healthy, nutritious, and safe meals in accordance with the regulatory standards
- Nutrition counseling and education of Matheny patients, their families, and staff
The team of highly skilled Matheny clinical dietitians provides complete assessments with recommendations to keep the nutrition status of the individuals at the optimum level. The assessments include:
- The growth pattern based on BMI (Body Mass Index) and the CDC growth charts.
- Energy needs.
- Feeding issues such as dysphagia, reflux and dental.
- Digestion and absorption.
- Bone health.
- Skin integrity.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Drug nutrient interactions.
- Bowel issues and regulation.
The dietitians are an integral part of medical team and are involved in the interdisciplinary team process for the total care of our clients.
Rutgers Engineering Students Partner With Matheny For Senior Projects
Rutgers Biomedical Engineering has developed a special partnership with Matheny Medical and Educational Center – creating medical devices to...Read More
Abilities Expo May 3 ~ 5
At the New Jersey Convention Center Free Registration Abilities.com Our exhibit will be displayed at 539 and you can...Read More
Rest in peace, Larry. We miss you.
Message from the President of Matheny: From time to time we have giants in the midst of our Matheny...Read More