Nutrition Therapy is an essential component of comprehensive care for children and adults with developmental disabilities and special health care needs.
The medical nutrition therapy includes:
- Provision of adequate, individualized, and health-promoting nutrition
- Provision of healthy, nutritious, and safe meals in accordance with the regulatory standards
- Nutrition counseling and education of Matheny patients, their families, and staff
The team of highly skilled Matheny clinical dietitians provides complete assessments with recommendations to keep the nutrition status of the individuals at the optimum level. The assessments include:
- The growth pattern based on BMI (Body Mass Index) and the CDC growth charts.
- Energy needs.
- Feeding issues such as dysphagia, reflux and dental.
- Digestion and absorption.
- Bone health.
- Skin integrity.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Drug nutrient interactions.
- Bowel issues and regulation.
The dietitians are an integral part of medical team and are involved in the interdisciplinary team process for the total care of our clients.
Open Interview Day – January 12, 2019
Matheny is a great place to work! Join us on Saturday, January 12 to be considered for one of...Read More
Charles “Chuck” Matheny 1941-2017
Dear Matheny Friends and Family: It is with great sadness that we have to inform you of the passing...Read More
The Perfect Gift for Giving Tuesday 2017
The world outside our walls is just as important to patient well-being as our facility itself. If you could...Read More