Nutrition Therapy is an essential component of comprehensive care for children and adults with developmental disabilities and special health care needs.
The medical nutrition therapy includes:
- Provision of adequate, individualized, and health-promoting nutrition
- Provision of healthy, nutritious, and safe meals in accordance with the regulatory standards
- Nutrition counseling and education of Matheny patients, their families, and staff
The team of highly skilled Matheny clinical dietitians provides complete assessments with recommendations to keep the nutrition status of the individuals at the optimum level. The assessments include:
- The growth pattern based on BMI (Body Mass Index) and the CDC growth charts.
- Energy needs.
- Feeding issues such as dysphagia, reflux and dental.
- Digestion and absorption.
- Bone health.
- Skin integrity.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Drug nutrient interactions.
- Bowel issues and regulation.
The dietitians are an integral part of medical team and are involved in the interdisciplinary team process for the total care of our clients.
Coronavirus Letter to the Matheny Community
A message from Matheny’s leaders…Read More
Delta Dental NJ Grant Brings a “SMILE” to Matheny
NEWS RELEASE Delta Dental Foundation Grant Brings a “SMILE” to People with Special Needs January 21, 2020, Peapack, NJ...Read More
Matheny’s Memorable Moments of 2019
Happy New Year! 2019 was a very good year—with way more than 10 memorable events and achievements. It was a...Read More