Matheny Solutions for Schools
Services for Students with Special Needs
Make sure all of your students succeed!
Matheny has dozens of highly skilled professionals with unparalleled depth and breadth of experience who are available to work with your students with special needs at all levels of ability. You are in good hands when you turn to us for those services you are not able to provide on your own, including:
- Specialized student evaluations
- Therapy services
- Home-based instruction services
- Adaptive equipment and technologies
We conduct specialized student evaluations for students with mild, moderate or severe disabilities who may require:
- Non-standard psychological or educational evaluations
- Alternative means of communication
- Specialized equipment or technology
- Therapeutic evaluations
Through our specialized evaluations:
You will get a true profile of your special needs students' strengths and weaknesses through our non-standard psychological or educational evaluation.
You will learn which instructional solutions are best suited to each student based on his/her profile.
You will hear about communication devices and assistive technologies that will help students reach their academic goals.
Your staff will be trained to evaluate and implement our recommendations.
Our therapy services are coordinated with regular classroom activities, and therapists work closely with teachers to demonstrate techniques that can be incorporated into the regular class routine. Help all of your students with special needs achieve rigorous academic goals as required by the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards and the Common Core State Standards.
- Occupational Therapists address fine motor skills, visual perception and attending skills necessary for academic success. We also provide sensory integration treatment and training with assistive technologies.
- Physical Therapists focus on gross motor skills such as balance, flexibility and gait. We will recommend adaptive equipment for the student and the classroom as needed.
- Speech-Language Pathologists facilitate the development of speech and language skills that are critical for academic success and interpersonal communication. In addition, we offer training with augmentative communication devices and assist the staff and families of students with feeding and swallowing issues.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers conduct social skills groups for students on the autistic spectrum or with behavioral issues.
Therapy services are available for short-term consultations or training sessions and for year-long or multi-year engagements. We can also fill in for maternity leaves or unexpected absences.
Call on us to work with children who need home instruction.
- Our experienced, fully certified special education teachers can provide academic instruction in a student’s own home.
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech and language therapy are available in the home as well.
Adaptive Equipment and Technologies
Ensure that the products and equipment you provide to your students with disabilities are safe and effective. We begin with an environmental assessment designed to identify how well a student will be able to maneuver within the school environment. Based on that evaluation, we:
- Adapt equipment to provide students access to classrooms through the use of environmental controls in the classroom
- Supply adaptive physical education products
- Set up new classrooms to ensure access for students with physical disabilities
Free assembly and inservice is available for all equipment purchased by schools.
For more information about any of our services, contact Linda Newsome at firstname.lastname@example.org or call